Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dave Bolland...Hockey Night in Chicago

Recently, I went to a Dave Bolland appearance.  He was with Jay Zawaski from The Score 670am for the Bud Light Hockey Night in Chicago at Kenny's Irish Pub.  My friends and I arrived around 5ish eventhough the event didn't start til 7pm.  We got to sit up pretty close cause there was only another table taken and ordered some food/drinks.  Bolland arrived about 15 minutes before he was scheduled which was pretty sweet.  I like the guys who are early.....cause then they start early. 








Jay started the Q/A and encouraged fans to come on up and ask a question.   His favorite player watching when he was growing up was Brendan Shanahan.  It's a tough league to get in.  Line juggling will probably keep on happening as long as Coach Q does it (I don't really think he has a say in it).  Would like to get the Selke one day in the future.  Eventually, my shy self went up there.


Here's me asking a question to Bolly


I asked him about how come you chose to be a center....although I don't think it came out that way.  He's been playing center for a long time....he tried wing but really wasn't his thing.  He didn't like waiting so went back to center.  He's on the third line as a checking role so he will keep on doing what he's doing.  Another question I had asked was any goals this season or something you want to work on.  He said a whole bunch of goals, penalty minutes, assists, and maybe Selke.  It was pretty funny how he answered it.   Just try to play every game as best as he can. 

Here's a t-shirt I got for asking a ?

So once the Q/A was done....the fans could line up and get an autograph.  I got Bolly to sign my puck from last season playoffs and got a free pic of him.




Overall...I had a lot of fun.  I got another pic with Bolland, hung out with cool people, ate some food, and have a few drinks.  Hopefully I'll be able to attend another one of these with a different player.  As always....GO HAWKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment