Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A lil intro to me!!

Once in a while, if you go to Hawks player appearance you might possibly see a girl that has the player sign a lampshade.  You wonder....why a lampshade??

Well here's a pic to explain




















Here's how it all started.  Basically my friend was at a garage sale about two yrs ago and saw this.  She was like I should buy this for Christine.....I wonder how much it is???  The guy that she talked to said that he'd had it for about 15-20 yrs and had no use for it.  She said, "Well, how much??"  The guy said,  "I'll give it to you for a buck!!!"  My friend said, "SOLD!"

Later that day my friend was like...."Girl....I got you something awesome!  Hopefully you will like it."  I asked her...."Well what is it?"  She said, "I won't tell but it's a Blackhawks thing!"  I said, "Well, that's cool...I like anything Hawks related!"  So I finally got to her place and she told me it was downstairs.  I saw a desk lamp that had the indian head symbol on it.  I thought it was cool lookin'.  I gave my friend a hug and I really appreciated her thinking of me.  It is custom-made and I'm pretty sure the only way the guy could have gotten it was at a craft fair because it's wooden.


I was lookin' at it and was like you know what would be a great idea is to have the Hawks players sign the shade since it is white.  I'm not a big memorbilia kind of person (more of taking pics with players) but it would give me a reason to meet the players and have them think....lampshade....haven't seen that before!  You might not remember me but you will remember the lampshade.

Ive had various players and former players sign it.....Bobby Hull, Denis Savard, Patrick Sharp, Duncan Keith, etc. I will keep on getting is signed til there is no white area. Once it's filled then try to see if i can find another desk lamp with a white shade.  I won't put the same player on twice...once you on the shade....then it's onto the shirt unless I have a cool pic!!

I will try to back track and figure out when/where I got it signed.  Hopefully you enjoy reading them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment