Monday, January 17, 2011

Brouwer at Lamplighers!

So once again, I have gone to see Troy Brouwer at a signing....although this one was different.  I suprised one of my friends and had her meet her one of her favorites.  She had no idea until we meet up that night....where we were going and who we are seeing.   I hope if she reads this....she doesn't get upset but I have to tell ya how it all came about. 

So a few days before we were to go I texted her and asked her, "Hey what r u doing on Mon?"  She was like nothin'.  I go, "What time do you get off of work?"  She says whatever time it was.  I go, "Well, me and you are going to dinner in Palatine on Monday?!?"  She texted me and said, "Well, tell me if were going to have dinner with Sharpie....cause then I have to get my hair done!"  I texted her back and said, "lol....umm you might have to get your hair done and it ain't for me!"  She texted back and said...."Well, in that case then I have to put on some makeup too!"  I said, "Probably!"  She wrote, "If only, I could loose 60 pounds by Monday!"  I was like "WOW! That's HILARIOUS!"

So Monday night comes along and I finally tell her.  She was EXCITED!!!!  I think her heart was racing.  We probably got there about 6:15 and there were probably about 50 people there.  We ended up sitting on the side cause all the tables were taken in front.  Nice thing about Troy is that he's always early.  He probably got there about 6:45ish. 

Him and Conner McKnight were talking about the Blackhawks on The Score 670am.  They had audience members go up and ask a question.  Can you believe my shy self went up there?!?!  Basically what I had asked him was...."I notice more of a physical presence in your game compared to the previous two seasons....is that something that you have worked on or did it just happen?" 

Now here's a interesting stat about Troy Brouwer...at that time he had 140 hits this season so far.  Last season he had a total of 189 and the previous season before that he had a total of 125.  We've still got a good over 35 plus games still left.  He's going to be well beyond last season.  His answer was basically....Yes, that is something I have wanted to work on this season......fill the gaps.....create more room for the top players....and he did say that compared to the last two seasons at this point....I have more hits....and if you saw me I did say "EXACTLY!" but not out loud....you could read it on my lips! 

After the Q&A with Troy Brouwer....it was time to get his auto and pic!  My friend was so EXCITED!!!  I was like...."YEAH!"  We waited til the line went down....probably at least 200-250 people in this small room.....maybe even more.  She got her pic/auto and I got mine....so we were both happy campers!

So here are my pics from the event.  GO HAWKS!!!



Brouwer answering a question



The free stuff I got and my puck signed by Brouwer!

No comments:

Post a Comment