Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chicago Wolves practice

Yeah, yeah.....I know this isn't Hawks related but it's hockey.  Hockey is hockey.  I figure I'd share some things in regards to the Wolves practice that I attended yesterday since I'm going to the game tonight vs. Milwaukee Admirals.  This is the 1st one that I have attended this season.  I do not consider myself an hockey expert....i consider myself a fan....here's my observations.

The rink is an ice chest.  If you think Johnny's Ice House is cold......WOW....go to the Wolves practice and then tell me it's cold.  I can tolerate a lot of cold....but OMG....it's FREEZIN'.   I was fully prepare this time and was okay sitting at the rink.

Akim Aliu-cute gesture.  He ended up throwing a puck over the glass to a kid.  The kid didn't see him do it but I sure did.  He gestures me to tell him.  So I go to the kid...."Hey there's a puck!"  The kid went to get it and runs around the rink to the Wolves bench and gives it back.  I guess he didn't know he was suppose to keep it....oh well, one of these days he will.

Nigel Dawes...you have a nice shot and Paul Postma your pretty good at poke-checking.

Andrew Kozek was right in front of me doing a puck-handling drill.  He had two pucks probably about 2 feet apart.  He was doing a figure 8 around the pucks....while standing still.

A few of the guys were working on their one-timers after practice.

The guys did a conditioning drill.  They were in two lines both at both blue lines.  They would skate to the center line and stop and go back to the blue line doing it twice.  I couldn't watch it cause it was making me dizzy.

I really wish I had a video camera for this part.  The guys had a shootout contest.  This one goalie....not sure which one but he was SERIOUSLY HILARIOUS!!!  He denied one of his teammates a goal and did a happy dance!!!  Talk about a CARE-CA-TURE!!!!

One thing i do wish is that I knew more of the players.  Hopefully going to the game tonight I'll be able to familiarize myself with the players and they will be able to put a W on the board.  GO WOLVES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment